Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Healthy Sauteed Garlic Spinach Recipe

This is seriously one of the easiest, quickest, most delicious sauteed spinach recipes ever!  To be honest, I was never a big fan of spinach, before.  It's just one of those foods that gets a bad rep when you're a kid, right!?  Kind of like brussels sprouts! I don't ever remember eating either of them as a kid, but for some reason, as a young adult, I would just automatically get this kind of yucky look on my face when someone would mention eating one of them.  It was like a conditioned response that I just learned over the years after hearing so many people talk about how they didn't like it. 

Well, let's fast forward to today... I freaking LOVE both of these veggies!!  ESPECIALLY if you cook them just right!  My husband and I love going to Maggiano's Little Italy, because that was where he took me on my first date.  It's also where he took me the day that he decided to propose to me, so the place holds a special place in my heart!  

A few weeks ago, we went there for a nice date night (which was much needed since we now have 4 little munchkins at home)... and I asked to substitute SPINACH for whatever side dish came with my meal... BEST DECISION EVER!!! This spinach was freaking AMAZING!!! (like so amazing that I had to shove my husband's fork off my plate numerous times throughout dinner because he was trying to steal it from me! haha)

So I did a little researching and a little experimenting and this is the recipe that I came up with as the official "Maggiano's copy cat sauteed spinach recipe".  Like I said... super quick and easy and there's really not much to it!  Check out the recipe, below!! Let me know what you think if you give it a try!!!




SAUTEED SPINACH:

Serves 6

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
20 ounces fresh spinach
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper


Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add spinach and toss to coat. Cover and cook until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add lemon juice, salt and crushed red pepper. Toss to coat and serve immediately.


Check out some of my other healthy recipes:

Crisp Parmesan Zucchini and Squash Sticks

Honey Dijon and Garlic Salmon

Peanut Butter and Banana Breakfast Cookies

Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Broccoli over Rice

Frozen Yogurt Bark with Strawberries and Pistacchios

Frozen Yorgurt Cupcakes

Skinny Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup

ENJOY!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment