Friday, September 27, 2013

How to have good things happen to you!

Friday's Food for Thought:

So lately, I have been the happiest I've been in a long time...maybe even ever!  I look at my beautiful family and thank God everyday for blessing me with healthy and happy children, a loving husband who is able to provide for us and give me the opportunity to stay at home with my kids everyday and when I started to feel like I needed something more to fulfill my purpose here, this wonderful coaching opportunity practically fell into my lap! When I heard that all I would have to do is work out, eat healthier and get in great shape again (which I'd been putting off for a while) and help other people do the same... it sounded like a dream come true! And I am LOVING it!

So I've started to see a chain reaction, lately.  As I've become healthier and happier overall, I'm beginning to see other parts of my life fall right into place as well.  I've always wished I had more motivation to get creative in the kitchen and cook new, healthy meals for my family... I have over 100 wonderful recipes pinned on Pinterest, but I had maybe tried cooking 2 of them over the last year.  I've cooked about 5 of them now, just in the past week! I wished my kids and I were on a better schedule and that I could be more organized... and now I have calendars, dry-erase boards, star-charts for the kids... I'm organized! I've been focusing on the good things in my life and the positive changes that I want to happen, and now they are all happening... almost all at once! It's amazing!

And not only are things becoming better for me, but I've noticed that this positive energy is also affecting those who are closest to me!  My husband has quit some of his bad habits and is beginning to workout with me, my sister and her husband have decided to add daily workouts to their schedules and are getting healthier, my mom has made a huge step toward becoming healthier and committed herself to overcoming some huge obstacles in her life and my dad is achieving success in doing what he loves and has been invited to speak at an event this weekend that he's been attending for years, and now he will be sharing his knowledge with some of the best gardeners out there!

So as I've started to really see the positive chain of events happening right before my eyes, I thought about this book that I had read a couple years ago called, The Secret.  I'm sure many of you have heard of it, but it pretty much explains how if you focus your thoughts on negativity, then negative things will happen to you.  But when you focus your energy on positive thoughts and doing good for yourself and others, then you will notice an overwhelming positive chain of events begin to happen.  It seems like a pretty straight-forward concept, right?  I'm sure you've noticed those facebook friends who are constantly posting negative posts on here... doesn't it seem like it's just one bad thing after another happening to these people? They never seem happy do they?  Maybe if those people stop letting the negative things consume them, and start being grateful for the positive things in their life, then they will start to experience more happiness. 

So no matter how tough your day may be... whenever a negative thought starts to creep into your head... chase it off and replace it with a positive thought!  See what a difference this simple change can do for you! Enjoy the life you've been given, be grateful for what you have, don't dwell on what you don't have and be sure to spread the love and pay it forward to others!  If each person that sees this today could just do one small deed for someone else out there today, then we have changed a life! No matter how big or small the deed may be, good karma will find it's way back to you when you need it most! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday!
~Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment