Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Our 4th of July Festivities!

 Happy Independence Day to everyone! I hope you all had as much fun as I did this year! The funny thing is, we really didn't go anywhere or do anything too eventful, which I think is why I enjoyed this 4th of July so much.  Usually we are busy running around to visit the in-laws or heading here for a cookout and there for some fireworks and we have to worry about the kids getting cranky and having to pack them up in the car, only to fall asleep for 30 minutes and then wake them when we get home... But no! We hung at our house this year, just us four (mommy, daddy and the two boys), we did some fun festive cooking together, grilled out in the backyard together, did fireworks and the boys were more than willing to climb into bed without a fight after it was all said and done.

What a fantastic day! We even got to see some fabulous fireworks from across the street that someone must have been doing from the local pool or something.  I hope you all had a fun and safe holiday as well.  It's just a shame that there are still two days left in the work week for those of you who have to return to the office tomorrow.  Oh well, it will feel like Monday, but it's already Thursday! (I try to be optimistic about these things).  But anyways, here are a few highlights from our fun day!

Red & Blue pancakes topped with confectioner's sugar! (They were clearly a hit with my boys)

I put together this fun collage of pictures from my favorite garden, CrystalHill Gardens, named after me!  If you haven't checked out their facebook page, you should definitely see some of the fabulous varieties of daylilies that they have! Be sure to like their page and follow them on twitter for the newest photo updates! 

My boys and I made these fun, festive strawberries as a nice healthy snack this afternoon.  I got the idea from pinterest of course.  Not only were they fun to make and pretty to look at afterwards, but they were absolutely DELICIOUS! (The kids ate them up as soon as I was able to get a picture of them)
 My little cutie pie with his strawberry! (annoyed that mommy had to snap another picture before he could bite into it!)
And last, but not least, here are the boys enjoying daddy's firework display! 
Daddy is a bit of a pyromaniac! lol But he definitely knows how to put on a show for us!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment